Chaney

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Rylee Kate

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Bryson

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Check up

We took B to Little Rock Thursday and got a good report. He would have got a GREAT report, except he had lost 3 ounces. Bryson's cardiologist said there is differences in scales and not to panic. B had weighed 8lb. 7oz. last Friday according to our pediatrician's scales and 8lb. 4oz. on Children's scales. :( I told the dr. I would have bet 2 million dollars that he had gained! He is keeping all of his food down and finishing most all of his bottles, so the doctor said I should start nursing him several times a day again.

Dr. B said Bryson's heart is strong and to treat him like a healthy newborn. His holes are small and may not even be playing a part in the weight department. Some newborns just have a harder time putting on weight.

They sent B home on a holter monitor that monitors his heart rate. It's a 24 hour home study and we will send it back to Children's via UPS. They are wanting to make sure B's medications are at the right dosages and that he is not having any episodes. The nurse taught me how to count his heartbeats using a stethoscope. It's really kind of hard to count, but I am glad I know how.

We will go for another clinic visit to Little Rock in 2 months and then if he still looks good at that apt., they will space it out a little further. Hopefully by that time, we can go to the Children's clinic in Lowell and not have to drive all that way!

Greg had to work Thursday so I am so thankful my mom got to go with Bryson and I. My dad took the girls to Thursday school and my sister took them that afternoon. Thanks to all of you for helping us juggle. We couldn't do it without you. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update that was a wonderful Mother's day gift! To see how wonderful Jesus is & always will be!! Praise God I am so glad to hear lil B is doing great:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad he is doing well. We are still praying for Bryson. You guys can come through this with stories to tell, but mostly of how God really is in control.

    ReplyDelete