Chaney

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Rylee Kate

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Bryson

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Sorry about slacking on updating the blog. I tried updating the day we left the hospital from my phone but obviously I was unsuccessful. I didn't mean to leave you hanging but we have been really busy since returning home.

Bryson was discharged from Childrens Monday night at about 5:00p.m. and we got home about 9:30p.m. There was TONS of traffic because of a wreck near Conway and it was already a busy time of day. We sat in traffic for nearly an hour, barely moving. I was very inpatient because I was so ready to get home.

Monday morning, the doctor on duty, Dr. Dyamenhalli, came to our room and said he wanted some blood tests done and chest x-ray before he would release him. Mom had already carried pretty much everything down to the car, Greg had already come home to return to work. The blood tests would show his kidney function, electrolytes, and check bili level.

The bili level had continue to drop and kidneys looked good. The x-ray showed no change from the x-ray over a week ago. Lungs were still a little cloudy, but not any worse.

We were set up to see our pediatrician here at home Tuesday for a weight check and for Dr. Froman to assess his breathing. She said he looked great! He weighed 8lb. 6oz. We will continue to see her weekly for weight. Bryson will have a harder time gaining weight than a healthy newborn because of his heart working harder and burning more calories.

We will go back down to Little Rock on May 7th to see our cardiologist for a follow up. We will then find out how often we will make the trip down to Childrens.

Thanks to everyone for their continued support and please continue to pray for Bryson's strength.

6 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that you're home with Bryson!! God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home! We love you! Still Praying.

    Tamie & Court

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not believe it when I heard you were home! I am so happy for you and never thought it would be Monday. In fact, I was planning to come see you on Tuesday. I have your burp cloth also, so send me your address and I'll mail it to you or meet you somewhere when you come on the 7th. We are definitely still praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am so happy to know you guys are home. Whitney called me Monday to let me know. I am continuing to pray for you guys and Bryson...

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! You all will be in my daily prayers, I will be praying for Bryson's little heart to be completely healed. I know our God is an awesome God,& a miracle worker.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled that you are home and now are able to be with your entire family. You will continue to be in our daily prayers. If there is anything you need, please let me know.....
    I Love You..Toni

    ReplyDelete