Chaney

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Rylee Kate

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Bryson

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

A long wait

I guess its good to be one of the last babies on the list for the doctors rounds. The information for today is looking good. His echo was ok and his abdominal ultrasound was good too. The organs looked good, but he did have some "sludge" in his gall bladder. They said not to be alarmed because he has just now started on food and several days of full feed will help this go away. He should be on full feed by noon tomorrow! The vent settings keep going down and he seems to be doing well with this slow step down. We're praying the holes in his heart don't cause him any serious problems right now. It would be wonderful to get them fixed when he gets bigger!
He opened his eyes today and reached out and held my finger. Everyone was glad he didn't pull it!

9 comments:

  1. Praise God for a good day! And how sweet to get to "hold hands" with B... a moment I'm sure you will never forget!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for improvements; we keep praying that there will be many more to come! Keep your spirits up, we are all thinking and praying for you here at home! We can't wait for the day you get to bring him home!!
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, I know that Melissa didn't write this update. (The whole pull my finger business) ha!! We are so glad to hear only positive updates. Can't wait for the day he gets to come home and we get to fight over who's turn it is to hold him. Auntie A

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad to hear the updates are more positive. Continue to be strong. We can't wait for you guys and B to be home where we can see you again. LOL on the pull finger incident.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is in our prayers every day. Glad to see that he is getting stronger. Let us know if you need anything from Siloam. Love you all!
    Marc and Taryn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God for a wonderful day, praying everyday hereafter is good reports:)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa,
    I am so glad that Bryson is doing so well. My family and I are in LR and I have many times thought about coming by to visit but wasn't sure if you would be there or if you would be busy. I just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. G you never fail to amaze me with your gooberness! hee hee! It was great seeing y'all today. He looked GREAT! I truly believe he has grown a foot since last week:) I loved my Melissa time:) Can't wait for y'all to get back here! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for you...just found your blog and will continue to be in prayer for your family.

    I would love for you to stop by my blog. I am a new blogger, that has a lot to learn. This is my second month in the world of BLOG. I am so thankful for all my new friends.

    ReplyDelete